Innovation Knowledge Hub
The concept of Innovation and Knowledge Hub (IKH) is developing a holistic approach towards a longer term programme. In IKH, knowledge building, carrying out research and learning's will be very much useful for replication in other areas of the state. Concentration of programmes in IKH is important and it also attracts attention of the farmers and other government development agencies like NGO's, funding agencies etc which leads to visibility of the programme.
In 2014-15, BIRVA selected TORPA block of KHUNTI district as Innovation and Knowledge Hub to demonstrate various development activities. In total, 20 villages are taken under this programme.
Till now few activities which have been done under IKH in KHUNTI are as follows:
- Survey and secondary data collection work of all 20 villages has been completed.
- Bhartiya Rural Livelihood Foundation project got sanctioned for finding need assessment for convergence purpose.
- TDF Wadi Project got sanctioned for 1000 tribal families which is being funded by NABARD
- Cattle Productivity Enhancement Camp.
- Farmer Exposure Visits.
- "Strengthening National Capacities in Tribal Areas" for need assessment is supported by UNDP.